Eligibility Requirements This eligibility requirements apply to all of our regional pageants, at-large program and ambassador program.
MISS * Must be female at least 18 but under 28 years old by Jan 1, 2018.
* Must have never won the title that she is competing in.
* Single as in not married (You can have a boyfriend), never married, never had a child, never been pregnant,
not a parent and with good moral character.
TEEN * Must be female at least 14 but under 19 years old by Jan. 1, 2018. We will allow any contestant that is turning 14 before state.
* Must have never won the title she is competing in.
* Single as in not married (You can have a boyfriend), never married, never had a child, never been pregnant, not a parent and with good moral character.
Both Miss and Teen CONTESTANTS
*The contestants must have never been married or had marriage annulled. * Must have never given birth to a child, must not be a parent, must not be a guardian to any adult or a parent to any minor and not currently pregnant or will be pregnant at the competition and will not be pregnant during her reign for an entire year.
*Must be of good health and moral character (Must call the office to find out the definition of good moral character).
*Must be female (recognized medically and legally as a female in the United States of America if gender or sex at birth is not female) and must represent and warrant that (a) must fully completed sex reassignment which can be certified by a physician if requested by this organization, (b) I can provide legal recognition of my assigned sex as female by the U.S. Federal government or my U.S. State of residence which is California, (Documents accepted for such legal recognition include: U.S. Official Drivers License, U.S. Official Identification Card, U.S. issued Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport.
* I certify that I am a legal citizen of the United States.
and at least one of the following must be true: in All of our Regional and City Titles.(1) Currently reside in California as your permanent and primary residence for the full period of at least six (6) months immediately prior to the beginning of the pageant (although you may have attended college or University elsewhere); or (2) Must have resided in Californiaas a full-time student at a school, college or university for one entire semester, trimester or summer session immediately prior to the beginning of the pageant, and you are still enrolled as a full-time student at a school, college or university and will continue to reside in the state (although you may have spent or be spending the summer in another state).
* When accepted and eligible, the contestant must pay the entry fee in full.
* Must pay the entry fee before competing the pageant. If the winner did not pay her entry fee, she will not be allowed to collect the Cash Award.
*The winner is not allowed to compete in another competition especially outside California.
* Contestant need not have a local title to compete.
* Contestant agrees to treat the Pageant Director with respect, all matters including relating to her application, rules, regulations, policies, preparation, rehearsal, performance and selection process, and all other matters relating to the pageant. , its members, managers, agents and employees are not liable to contestant for anything whatsoever in connection with the pageant. * Must agree, that if selected to represent Orange County or Miss Orange County or Teen in the State Pageant, you will participate in a State Pageant of our choice, and will abide by all the rules and regulations governing our pageant and the state Pageant. If you win the State Pageant, you must agree to participate in the National Pageant, and to abide by the rules and regulations governing that pageant.
* Contestant agrees to attend the State Pageant of our choice if selected as the winner in our Regional Pageant and abide by all the required services, rules and regulations governing this pageant. The winner of the Miss Orange County or Miss Orange County Teen or any Pageant produced by Giselle Boone is not eligible to re-compete in the same Regional pageant. No contestant or any member of their immediate family can be employed by or work as a volunteer for Miss Orange County or Miss Orange County Teen Pageants, or any of their subsidiaries or affiliated or related companies. (If contestant or any member of their immediate family is employed by any of the foregoing or any firm or corporation controlled or affiliated with any of them, then they must notify the director immediately, in writing, so that their eligibility may be determined.
ALL CONTESTANTS AND QUEENS MUST BE RESPECTFUL TO FELLOW CONTESTANTS, QUEENS, DIRECTORS AND STAFF. ANY DISRESPECTFUL ACTION OR ACTIONS WILL BE GROUNDS FOR EVALUATION AND CAN LEAD TO TERMINATION.
Must agree that if you win or succeed our Pageant to the state level title and even the national title provided you win all of the pageants, you will not participate in any other pageants during the time you hold one title for a period of one year. The contestants photos can be used to promote the pageant including dvd of the pageant and photos taken during orientations, pageant activities and at the pageant itself.
ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ON ALL MONEY PAID OR DONATED. Must be willing to release, unconditionally and forever, any claim against Miss Orange County or Miss Orange County Teen, Miss Southern Coast or Miss Southern Coast Teen Pageants, Its parent and affiliated or related companies and their respective officers, directors, partners, employees, agents and assigns, which they may have by virtue of their participation in their Regional Pageant, or by any use of their name, likeness, voice, and/or biography in connection with their Regional Pageant, including use in promotional and advertising material.
Winning Titleholder can only have one Title in the same year meaning if she won Miss Orange County or Miss Orange County Teen, she cannot compete in any other pageant until her full one year of reign is over. A Titleholder must have at least 5 appearances in her one year reign either she had set up herself or the Miss Orange County or Miss Orange County Teen had set up for the Titleholder. Our Titleholder is not allowed or in violation is she competes at any other competition including outside California. If the Titleholder had won the Miss Orange County or Miss Orange County Teen and she did not pay her entry fee the year she competed, she is not entitled to receive the cash prize, gifts and any financial award.
If you do not fulfill the appearances and community service contract, you as the titleholder will be relieved of your duty and your state entry fee will not be paid. If you as the newly crowned titleholder compete at another pageant and has two titles, you will be released from your contract as a titleholder and your state entry fee will not be paid and your awards and prizes must be returned no later than a week after you as the titleholder has been relieved or released from you duties and obligations. You automatically void your contract as the titleholder when you compete and won or assigned another title from another organization or pageant.
Must understand and agree that all issues as to eligibility shall be determined by the Miss Orange County and Miss Orange County Teen Pageant, Executive Director and they must agree to abide by that determination both as to themselves and other applicants.
Must agree that if the contestant/s and the parent/s have violated the conduct, have shown behaviors that are not acceptable to the pageant conduct or to other contestants, must agree that all issues as to eligibility to maintain the title shall be determined by the Miss Orange County, Miss Orange County Teen Organization and Executive Director.